INVENTION Biotech, Pharma, Mechanical, Consumer Product, Instrumentation,
Informatics? Work With Me To Patent Your Inventions From Anywhere In The World.
BioPatentSm Services, LLC
Patent Drafting, Quality Patent
Prosecution, Office Action Responses, and Opinions.
In Almost Any Field, Such As: Mechanical
Inventions, Consumer Products, Instrumentation, and Biotechnology.
I Am In Northern Califormia,
But Most of My Inventor Clients Live Elsewhere. I Can Work With You Over the Phone and Internet to File and
Prosecute Your Patent.
Gary L. Baker, Esq.,
San Leandro, CA 94579
STEPS TO PATENTING YOUR INVENTION
I am the Managing Director of the BioPatent
Services, (Originally Est. 1998).
I have been a Mechanic, Medical Technologist,
QC Specialist, Genetic Engineer, Process Engineer, Civil Attorney, and Patent
Attorney. I am interested and capable in these fields, and more.
What is a
Quality Patent Application?
I think a
Quality patent is one that is granted and protects the owner's interests.
At the time of filing, it is often hard to know what challenges the application
will face at the Patent Office, or how competitors might challenge in the
market place. So, a quality patent needs to have at least a broadly
specification will describe the invention the owner wants to sell in the market
place. Sometimes I have trouble explaining to individual inventors of
small businesses that the application also needs to describe embodiments they do
not intend to practice. This gives flexibility to support claim amendments
around surprise prior art during prosecution, and an opportunity to file a
continuation with claims blocking a competitor's engineer around.
further, good Figures are important to support aspects of the invention that may
not be in the specification text (drawings tell 1000 words), and are required to
show all elements of a device that are mentioned in the device claims. Multiple
examples are important to fight enablement rejections, particularly in Asia and
1. My Hourly Rate is $410/hr. This is a
Very Low Rate for a Patent Attorney with My 20+ Years of Experience
and Record of Success.
2. Consultation: No Charge for the First Half Hour.
3. Deposit Fee: A Deposit is Generally Required for
Initiation of Patent Prosecution. Client Account Deposits for Simple Inventions Can Range as Low as
$5000; Complex Inventions to About $10,000 or more. Additional Retainers May Be Required as
Prior Retainers are Exhausted. Excess Retainer Fees are Returned at Completion
or Termination of
For a detailed copy of my current fee schedule contact me
at Baker@BioPatent.com .
Patent Prosecution Including - Drafting of Patent
Applications, Formal Drawings, Continued Applications, Responses to Office Actions, Desist
Letters, Design Patents.
Opinions - Patentability, Validity, Freedom to
Hablo Espaņol Y Puede Comprenderte Si Tu Hablas
Gary Baker - Background:
- Patent Attorney Registered to Practice Before the U.S.
Patent and Trademark Office Since 1998 (License No. 41,595).
- Attorney at Law Licensed in Federal and California
Jurisdictions Since 1993 (License No. 169671).
- Biotechnology Expert with 16 years of Experience in
Genetic Engineering, Cell Cultures, Protein Chemistry, and Process Development.
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist Registered with California
State Board of Health (License No. 27345).
- Experienced Auto Mechanic, Private Aircraft Pilot, and
- Fluent reader (and stumbling speaker) in
Spanish and French.
- University of San Francisco School of Law- Jurisdoctorate
- San Francisco State University - Genetic Engineering
- Long Beach Memorial Medical Center - Medical Technology
- Montana State University - Microbiology B.S.
Exemplary Patents and Applications:
- Two Stage Nucleic Acid Amplification Using an Amplification Oligomer,
U.S. Patent 7,615,351
- Solar Modules, U.S Patent 7,569,764
- Flow Control of Photo-Polymerizable Resin, U.S. Patent 7,001,853
- Structural System of Interlocking Sheets, U.S. Patent 6,918,497
- Preservation of Bioactive Materials by Freeze Dried Foam, U.S. Patent 7,135,180
- Temperature Regulated Clothing, U.S. Patent 7,186,957
- Retrieval Catheter, U.S. Patent
Contact Gary Baker, Esq.